guest today was a young boy, his grandmother would share stories
about the many penguins on the beaches near where he was living.
These stories stayed with Pablo (Popi) Garcia Borboroglu into
adulthood and have inspired him to share the stories of penguins,
not only with his children but with the world.
is the audio version of a live FaceBook interview I did with Popi
in July 2020. I have included some of the pictures we mention that
I showed to the audience at the time of the show. If you prefer
watching video, you can find the live video feed of the show
If you like what you hear and learn from this conversation,
please reach out to the Global Penguin Society
website to get more information. Please consider donating to this
cause that is not only helping the survival of penguins around the
world but also the health of the oceans. We all depend on the
oceans health to thrive so this work is benefiting the entire world
not just the areas where there are penguins.
Other places to connect to GPS:
Instagram: @globalpenguinsociety or https://www.instagram.com/globalpenguinsociety/
Here is a brief timeline of topics for our
- 5:20 minutes:
- 8:24 minutes:
When I saw my first penguin colony
- 15:09 minutes: How the GPS was started
- 18:06 minutes: New Zealand penguins
- 19:28 minutes: The many species of penguins
- 21:25 minutes: Differences between African penguins and
- 27:04 minutes: What species are threatened and what species
have population increases
- 30:31 minutes: What challenges are penguins facing?
- 35:49 minutes: Discussion of Patagonia Azul Biosphere
- 52:06 minutes: Other GPS projects